How to prepare for newborn session
Congratulations on your new baby. Thank you for choosing me to photograph your little baby on her/his first days of life. Professional newborn photography is the best way to capture your new love in their tiniest and most precious form. Here you can find few tips how to prepare for the newborn session and what to expect.
- Please try to feed baby before you leave for the session
- If you are breastfeeding, please try to eliminate caffeine from your diet for 48h prior to your session
- If bottle feeding, please bring extra bottles with you if we need to feed baby during the session, it’s totally normal if baby wants more milk than usually
- Dress baby in button outfit, the best would be nothing that goes over baby’s head
- Please bring a pacifier. Even if you haven’t used one yet or baby doesn’t seem to take to it, just for the 2-3 hours that I’m posing baby it can really help. However if you really prefer that we don’t use one, that is fine as well.
- Try to keep baby awake for about 30-90mins before session if possible
- Babies that have been asleep prior to arrival are unfortunately the babies that are more difficult to pose because as soon as the blanket comes off, they wake up and it’s more difficult to make them asleep again so keeping in mind those tips will help us a lot, I know it’s hard but it will be worth the effort!
- The studio might be very warm so please dress in layers
- You can bring some snacks for you and your family as the session may take up to 3-4h
- If you would like some family photos, please bring some white, light colour tops, black ones are fine as well. I wouldn’t recommend to wear tops with writings on.
- Please don’t stress if baby doesn’t want to fall asleep or is a bit fussy. The key to getting good images is to be patient. Relax and try to enjoy the quiet while I work.
I’m based on the first floor so the best would be to just bring baby in a car seat, but if you bring the pram, I’ll be happy to help you with carrying it upstairs.
For few more informations and newborn gallery please click here.
Thank you again for choosing me and I will see you on the session.
If you have any questions feel free to ask on messenger or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org